Monday, February 3, 2014

Comparing Children of Men to today

I though Children of Men was a very good movie. The movie made me realize that I value freedom over security. I would rather have freedom than live in a society that constantly monitored citizens. It made a lot of points that I thought people should pay attention too. They illustrated what could happen if the government has too much power.

Children of Men shows the dangers of having too much Government surveillance. In the movie, we see how there are cameras everywhere they go. The news article showed their vehicle escaping the cops. There surveillance brings up the NSA's monitoring of peoples phone calls and how much data is collected. They live in a society where the government can search you without a warrant.

The police in Children of Men are allowed to do whatever they want without cause. We see this when they kill illegal immigrants at will. They are protected from any prosecution by the state. The police are pretty much allowed to do what they want. This reminds of a few cases that have happened recently where the cops weren't charged for their conduct. The movie showed the eradication of many civil liberties that we take for granted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment